Municipal Energy Public Association is a non-profit entity established in 2015. Our goal is to improve the environment and the local economy through energy efficient modernization of municipal infrastructure in Ukraine in order to reduce energy use, costs and CO2 emissions.
We cooperate with:
- municipalities (in particular, we have a memorandum of cooperation with Kyiv City State Administration)
- relevant businesses, municipal enterprises
- local and international organisations, funds, programs
We work and promote improvements in six areas: energy consumption of buildings, heating, water supply and sewage, street lighting, public transport and waste management.
Our team unites experts each of whom is a hands-on specialist in one of the mentioned areas. We also develop a wide expert network in partnership with other cities of Ukraine and Europe.
Currently we have a number of successfully implemented, and those in development projects.
The main directions of our activity are:
- Assisting municipalities in implementing the Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy EU initiative
- Developing documents on energy planning in urban areas such as Municipal Energy Strategy, Sustainable
- Energy Action Plan (SEAP), Municipal Energy Plan, policies and programs designed to implement energy efficiency measures
- Elaborating investment projects, feasibility studies on energy efficient modernisation of public transport and
- engineering infrastructure in cities
- Fund raising for energy efficiency projects
- Assisting municipalities in implementation of ISO 50001 energy management standard
- Promoting thermal modernisation of residential, public and office buildings with an urge to optimise energy consumption in the cities
- Promoting dissemination of renewable and alternative energy sources
- Popularising energy efficiency philosophy among the urban population of Ukraine
We invite you for cooperation in the development of energy efficiency projects in Ukraine and other countries.